According to the Hong Kong Laws Chapter 234A Rules 192, every prisoner awaiting trial may procure for himself food. In order to ensure the hygiene and safety of the food, the management shall allow licensed supplier only and they have to agree with the laid down terms and conditions.
- Only written application would be accepted;
- Designated staff would explain the laid down terms and conditions to the applicant before brought up the application for Chief Officer (Adm.)’s approval;
- The applicant should sign on the agreement with the company seal for confirmation and submit the relevant license, food menu or any other necessary documents for consideration;
- The scrutiny process requires 21 working days to finish;
- The applicant would be notified the effective date through written reply.
Lo Wu Correctional Institution