The HKCSD Mobile App allows you to receive the latest and useful information of the Correctional Services Department (CSD) anytime and anywhere by using your mobile device. Here are the function highlights of the Mobile App:
Whereabouts and Visit Status
Find out the correctional facility where the person in custody is located and whether visits to him/her are allowed.
Location and Visiting Hours
Provide locations and visiting hours of correctional facilities as well as recommended travel routes to help you better plan your route.
Approved Hand-in Articles
Get informed of the updated list and allowable quantities of all kinds of the approved hand-in articles for persons in custody, so as to bring appropriate types and allowable quanties of articles upon your visit.
Posts and Vacancies in CSD
Keep you abreast of the latest posts and vacancies in CSD by providing post details and recruitment information.
Community Support and Involvement
Join our Rehabilitation Pioneer Project and Rehabilitation Volunteer Group to help persons in custody make a new start in life upon release.
Contact and Complaint Channel
Contact us directly through the different channels introduced in the Mobile App. Also learn more about the transparent, fair and impartial complaint channels in CSD.
Download and install the HKCSD Mobile App from "App Store" or "Google Play" through your mobile device for free.
How to enquire about the whereabouts and visit status of persons in custody
- The applicant should be a registered person eligible for visit, and must complete an application form in person at the institution where the person in custody concerned is located.
- To complete the application form, the applicant should provide a valid e-mail address for the purposes of application and visit enquiry.
- After the person in custody concerned has given consent and the application is accepted, a welcoming e-mail will be sent to the applicant to enable first-time registration.
- Upon receipt of the welcoming e-mail and successful installation of the Mobile App in your mobile device, you can set up your account by clicking ‘Register account’ in the Mobile App. You will then be guided through a registration process. For authentication, your registered e-mail address and the last four digits of your identification document are required for the first-time registration.
- After your identity has been authenticated, you can create your own password for login. For the requirements of the password, please refer to the FAQs.
- Once the registration is completed, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail and you can start to login.
Visit Status Enquiry
- You should use your registered e-mail address and password to login.
- After successful login, you should enter the registration number of the person in custody concerned for visit enquiry.
Enquiry of allowable quota of approved hand-in articles
- Choose “Approved Hand-in Articles” at the result page of visit status enquiry
- Choose the approved hand-in articles that you want to enquire at the page of “Approved Hand-in Articles”
- Allowable quantity of any selected hand-in article will be displayed at the page of “Enquire Allowable Quota”
Points to Note
- This Mobile App requires Internet connection and data transmission through your mobile device. Therefore, you are advised to monitor the data usage regularly to avoid any payment due to overuse of data for transmission.
- Subject to the performance of the GPS feature on your mobile device, the actual location may not be accurately reflected in the estimated location identified by your device.
- Articles not conformed to the approved standard or quantities will be rejected unless prior approval from the institutional mangement has been obtained by the person in custody concerned.
- Please note that allowable quantities of approved hand-in articles shown in the application are subject to change from time to time due to various reasons and are for reference only.
- For details of approved hand-in articles, please refer to our website or the notices displayed in the visit room.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Which operating system (OS) platforms does the Mobile App support?
The Mobile App supports two most commonly-used mobile OS platforms, iOS and Android OS. The App is designed for mobile phones running iOS 9.0 and Android 4.4 or above. The App can also be installed in tablet devices.
- What should I do if I forget my login password?
If you forget your login password, you can simply click ‘Forget password’ and you will be guided through an authentication process. Your registered e-mail address and the last four digits of your identification document are required for the authentication process. You can reset your own password after successful authentication.
- Is there any requirement for the password format?
The password should be alphanumeric with a length from 8 to 16 characters.
- What should I do if I forget my registered e-mail address?
If you forget your registered e-mail address, you should personally visit the institution where the person in custody concerned is located and make an enquiry.
- What should I do if I want to change my registered e-mail address?
If you wish to change your registered e-mail address, you should personally visit the institution where the person in custody concerned is located and request for such a change by filling in an application form.
- If the visit status of a person in custody is indicated as “Visits permitted” on the Mobile App, is it guaranteed that I can visit the person in custody concerned?
The actual visit status of a person in custody is subject to change from time to time due to various reasons. The visit status indicated on the App is only for reference and does not guarantee that a visit to the person in custody concerned will be arranged. Visitors should visit the relevant correctional facility in person and follow the standard visiting procedures.
For any enquiries, please call our hotline at (852) 2511 3511 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here for the Terms and Conditions of the HKCSD Mobile App.